A lot of people love the refreshing taste of fresh coconut juice, but avoid buying coconuts because of the difficulty in opening them. In this video I show you how to quickly and easily open a coconut with only a cleaver. When buying a coconut for the juice inside, it is important to buy a "young coconut". You can identify a young coconut from an old coconut by the outer skin color. Young coconuts have a white outer skin that is soft, and mature coconuts have a dark outer skin that is hard. But those are not the only differences, a young coconut will usually be filled to the top with juice, and the juice will typically be much sweeter than a mature coconut. Additionally, the coconut meat inside of a young coconut taste great and can be easily taken out and eaten right away.
Click Pictures for Full Size Image
1 young coconut
1 cup pineapple
4 teaspoons condensed milk
5 ice cubes
1) Open your young coconut and strain the juice into your blender.
2) Scoop the coconut meat out of the coconut and add to your blender.
3) Add your pineapple to the blender.
4) Add four teaspoons of condensed milk into your blender.
5) Add five ice cubed into your blender.
6) Blend on high until your ingredients become a smoothie.
7) Pour and drink.